This wasn't a story for class just one I wanted to write.
Some people may ask me, “Megan why be a teacher?” Why go back to school, spend all that money in tuition to get paid not great money and deal with a lot of not so great parents and deal with children that have more attitude than Chihuahua. And the only thing I can think of is that I can relate. So maybe I can’t relate to the big schools and graduating with 1,000 people and having people in your class that you didn’t know even existed, but I can relate to the hardships and the divorced parents. I can relate to a parent not being there because she chooses the bottle over her own children. I can relate to being raised by a single parent, and having 3 homes, (Daddy’s, Grandma’s, and my aunts.) not vacation homes but different people’s homes to live with. I can relate to not knowing your biological parent. I can relate to spending long hours crying because you don’t understand why your life isn’t normal like everyone else’s. I can relate to not being able to understand things because you learn different. Who know using highlighters could help you read. I can relate to people telling you to quit, just because it’s hard. I can relate to being told, I don’t know how you’re going to go to college your parents don’t have the money. I can relate to hating English class because I have to spell correctly and have correct grammar. I can relate to those children that might need that extra push, that people have given up on, the cast outs, the ones that no one feels like they care, the ones that who knows where they will sleep at night or who will pick them up from school, those that need a little extra help with homework because they just don’t understand. I want to be a teacher let them know that they aren’t alone and on welfare doesn’t have to be their career choice. That they can make their own destiny if they just put their mind to it. Tommy Lasorda once said “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in determination.”