So for class I have to write all these stories. The whole purpose of the class is to write about something. So I decided Since I am writing it I might as well share it with people...... So here is my story about Mine and Andrews Engagement.
Our Engagement
Andrew and I had dated for a little over a year and a half when I started to pick up on hints that he was going to pop the question. It all started about the beginning of April when he talked about when “we get married,” “our children will never” or “our future” this was a change in his attitude. Normally he would have just avoiding the whole conversation or change the topic like most men that are not ready to commit will do. In the middle of April I traveled to my hometown of Hamilton for my dad’s birthday. Andrew did not make this trip with me. He was working on his Masters in Business Administration, and since it was the end of the semester I knew that it would be easier for me to just go home and spend some time with my family alone. While home I decide to call Andrew to see what he was up to. Andrew says “You do realize we have to go home one more time before our trip, right?” I said “What trip?” “The trip to Mexico.” He said. (Now to give you a little background information, Andrew doesn’t always think about small things like schedules. We had planned a trip to Mexico leaving on May 18th, four weeks from the date of this phone call.) “Andrew we are not going to be able to come back in before Mexico, you have finals coming up, we have Wade’s graduation to go to, and I have to get things ready to take off from work. Unless you want to come in next weekend again I don’t think we will make it.” He replied “Well we will just have to make a trip next weekend because we have to make it.” So with a big smile on I continue the conversation and enjoy my weekend alone with my family. The next weekend Andrew and I load up the car with the dogs and make another trip to Hamilton. I could tell on the way there he is quieter than normal. When we get to Hamilton I make sure that he and my dad have plenty of “alone” time. I was very excited because something I had dreamed about what going to happen very soon! I knew it would happen around the time we had planned our vacation. A couple of weeks later Andrew and I are talking on the phone and he said, “Oh by the way I talked to Bill at the Lubbock Club today. He wants us to come eat dinner at 7 o’clock on Friday (May 16th).” A little more information on Andrew Cunningham- he doesn’t plan dates, he planned our first date and I have planned everything since then, so I knew that he was going to propose, but being the good girlfriend I was I did not let him know I knew something was up. That Friday I got off early from work to make sure I had a fresh pedicure and manicure “for the beach,” (wink wink,) and then got ready for mine and Andrew date. The whole time I was getting ready it was very surreal, because I knew in only a matter of hours my life was going to change dramatically. After getting ready, I headed to Andrew’s house , He was all dressed up and had his coat on already, Normally I thought this to be odd, but since I knew he probably had the ring in the pocket I didn’t say anything. On the way to the Lubbock Club Andrew had mentioned about how the sun wasn’t going down as fast as it normally does in the summer, I didn’t think anything about his comment and just sat in my chair quietly. We arrive to the Lubbock Club and were escorted to a private room on the second floor. It was covered in candles and rose peddles, which even if I didn’t know before I knew then something was up! The whole time I am trying to figure out how he is going to do it. First we order our salads and then I noticed that it took a long time for them to come, but I just thought, oh well they must be crowded down stairs no big deal. Then we ordered our dinner and again it took a really long time for our food to come but again I kept my comments to myself. Andrew then asked me to follow him he had something to show me. Now just a side note about me I HAD NO IDEA HOW HE WAS GOING TO DO IT! I figured it would be with the desert or something like that. So I followed him and we went up to the rooftop of the Wells Fargo building at sunset (hence him worrying about the sun going down and the reason dinner took so long) and asked me to marry him and Of course I said yes. After going back down stairs, I was in a state of shock that lasted a few hours because I knew for almost two years I wanted to marry him, I knew for a month that he was going to ask me, and now it finally happened and I was going to be able to start planning the best day of my life!
(Andrew proposed on May 16, 2008 and we were married on May 16, 2009.)